"I will not leave you as orphans..." - John 14:18
....................................................................................

Friday, March 1, 2013

February Waitlist Numbers


Hello Blogosphere! This is Travis again with your monthly Coombs family adoption status update. Part of me enjoys writing these posts because I get to use cool terms like “blogosphere” while the other part of me feels bad for you readers, because I am no where near as eloquent and “good” (how’s that for eloquent?) at this as my wonderful bride Laurie is.

I am stepping out on a limb here and introducing a term that has been foreign to this blog thus far... 

Transition - Noun. Defined as “movement, passage, or change from one position, state, subject, concept, etc., to another.”

Over the past 8 - 12 months I have settled into a state of numbness with our adoption where I became emotionally indifferent to the process, our status on the wait list, and even the concept of welcoming another child into our family. The high points of being so excited to bring our little one home contrasted with the low points of thinking that it was never going to happen started to take a toll on my psyche. As such, I built a cozy little cocoon (Remember that movie with Steve Guttenberg? 80’s movies are rad!) around myself to insulate my heart from excessive amounts of disappointment. 

Well... this is the first time that I have felt as though we are transitioning from the monotonous waiting period into a time when the reality of our adoption IS going to come to fruition! The closest thing I can liken it to is the “nesting period” that pregnant women experience shortly before their delivery. 

Most of you probably can’t understand what I mean here, but... earlier in this post, I said “I am stepping out on a limb...”. What I mean by that is that I truly feel as though I am exposing my heart to the possibility of another let down. If I could, I’d ask you all to pray that this is indeed the home stretch for Laurie, Ella, Avery and I; and that we will indeed bring our child home soon. I pray that Ella and Avery can stop starting their bedtime prayers with “Dear God, please bring our baby home soon”, and they can start with “Dear God, thank you for bringing our baby brother/sister into our family.”

Lastly before we get to our current wait list numbers, I want to express a sincere THANK YOU! from Laurie, the girls, and I for everyone’s support, prayers and encouragement. Believe it or not, we will have been on the waiting list for two years this coming April. We wouldn’t have made it this far without the wonderful support network we have around us.

So.... drum roll please... February wait list numbers are:

Girl:
September - 29
October - 28
November - 26
December - 26
January - 22
February - 21

Boy:
September - 22
October - 22
November - 19
December - 16
January - 15
February - 15

Siblings:
September - 8
October - 8
November - 7
December - 4
January - 4
February - 4


I know... a little anti-climactic eh? Still a ways to go, but we’re getting there. 

Here’s what we’ve been up to the past couple months (since we skipped last month's update):

New Year's



Avery began Kindergarten! (Apparently we don't do things the "normal" way)


Sledding with friends...




The "Condo"




Special Daddy, Ella Day


Our Family

 Happy Girl

 The Girls

Ella's Assignment From School

Seaweed!

Ella, Mommy Time

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment